Monday 8 May 2017

A postcard from Irabu Island, Okinawa

Hey Everyone,

First dive crew
I've just visited an amazing part of Japan, a small island called Irabu which is connected to Miyako Island via bridge. Before you could only get there by plane or boat, but since the end of January 2015, you can drive across.

Irabu is so quiet and peaceful. Even in the middle of Golden Week, there was almost nobody there! The beaches were beautiful, the water crystal clear with plenty of amazing coral and colourful fish to see, the locals were super friendly and the weather was gorgeous.



The fish that bit me!
During my stay, I got to experience diving for the first time (and getting bitten by a territorial fish!), as well as my first taste of Awamori. I went snorkelling almost every day and got to see some amazing sunsets with a beer in hand of course!

I had an incredible week off and I hope that all of you at Luna had a well-earned break and feel refreshed and rejuvenated.

See you all at Luna soon!

Damian
Sunset at Irabu

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.