Tuesday 7 March 2017

A letter of gratitude - after reading A Christmas Carol

Dear Jacob Marley

I'm really thank you for coming to my bed at Christmas night. You have been travelling on the wings of wind for seven years as a ghost. You said there was no peace and rest. At first I didn't understand what you say. But the three spirits came by my bedside at Christmas Eve.

The ghost of the Past came and showed me my lonely life.My father was a cold, hard man who didn't love me at all. I always stayed at school in Christmas holiday. After I started work, I showed an interest in money. Once I had a girl friend who loved me. But I always love money more than her. So she married another man.

The ghost of the Present took me to the people I know. I understood the thought of Fred and Mr. Cratchit. The ghost of the Future showed me the last miserable life of me. So I changed my thinking. 

When Christmas comes, I always "Merry Christmas to you!" In the morning I go to church and give children money for sweets. In the afternoon I stay Fred, nephew's house. We enjoy a wonderful dinner, party games, every time. I feel wonderful happiness. Of course, I've never forgot Bob Crachit's family. Eapecially to Tiny Tom I become a second father. I always care of him.

If I keep Christmas cheerfully and do a lot lf good things to people, you might escape to travel with chains. See you as a ghost.

Sincerely yours.


Posted for Hiroko

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.