Thursday 3 September 2015

After reading - Gulliver's Travels

Česky: Gulliver u Hvajninimů, ilustrace
The Houyhnhnms (taken from Wikipedia)
Which people or creatures in the story would you most like to meet? Which would you least like to meet? Explain why.

I would like to meet most is the Houyhnhnms and I would like to meet least is Yahoos. I thin the reason why.

Because every word that the Houyhnhnm's master speaks is right and perfect, and he tells always in a very intelligent, gentle way. He seems to me a quite reasonable. I like such a type of people. Also Houyhnhnms can live their lives without lying, stole, disease, crime and wars which human beings have experienced and died.

They use language in order to understand each other and to give and receive information. Houyhnhnms's master says, "If you don't tell the truth, how can people understand each other".

The country of the Houyhnhnms horses (not people) are in control, and their servants are Yahoos. Yahoos are the horrible-looking animals which has human faces looked like Gulliver. But Gulliver hates the Yahoos for their dirty habits and unpleasant character. He thinks how different Houyhnhnms life is from what he was used to. He says to the master of, "In my country all the important people look like Yahoos".

I hate to meet Yahoos which Gulliver tells. But I can't live without such a character like Yahoos. So I always try to be like Houyhnhnms and I would like all the important people in our country the most intelligent in the world for peace than truth making war making money.


Posted for Mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.