Friday 14 August 2015

The Phantom of the Opera - a letter to the Persian

To the Persian

I am leaving this letter for you, because once you were my friend. Now, of course, I have only enemies. People scream when they see my face. I am clever, it is true, but no woman can ever love me. And how can a man live without love?
When I was a child, I was very unhappy. My mother never kissed me. She didn't want to look at me because I was so ugly. And years later, when I was a man, I did many terrible things. I know that, and I am free now. But I did one sorry thing in my life. Christine is wonderful. She can marry the Vicomte and be happy.
But I can never forget her good voice, and I cannot live without her.
And so, goodbye.
Erik


Posted for Reiko

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.