Wednesday 13 March 2013

After reading - Chocolate

Dear King Charles

There are so many things to tell you about here in the Aztec city of Tenochtitlan. When I first arrived, their great ruler Moctezuma welcomed me with a wonderful drink called chocolatl.
The Aztecs always have this drink in beautiful small cups. It makes you feel very good and people say that Moctezuma drinks fifty cups of it every day.
It is made from the beans of a tree in the rainforest. These beans are important to the Aztecs and they use them as both food and money.
Moctezuma has a bank with millions of beans in it!
I think these beans could be very useful to us. I will try to learn all about them and tell you more in my next letter.

Yours
Hernan Cortes


Dear Mother

I have some very exciting news for you! Yesterday the most important cook in our kitchen suddenly became very ill, so Prince Metternich asked ME to make something special for the visitors to this house!
I thought a lot and I worked hard all night. In the end, I made a rich chocolate cake with some jam in the middle. Everybody loved it and Prince Metternich says he want to call it Sachertorte after me!
I will make it for you the next time I see you.

Love
Franz


No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.