Saturday 2 April 2011

Jim's new newspaper article - every Saturday

After writing extensively (in 50 words!) about the places and objects mentioned in Nagano's prefectural song for the last three months, I have now been asked to describe local produce and products....in 10 word 'sentences'.

This is quite a challenge, to say the least! The language I use has to be 'simple', accessible to elementary or JHS children (do they read the Saturday papers?!) and be interesting. Bit tricky achieving this in 10 words, but I hope the puzzle and the 'English in Use' information is useful. I don't want to patronise my readers - tell me what you think with sugeestions for improvements please!

Also welcome are topics you'd like to see get a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.