Wednesday 27 January 2010

Matsumoto castle

The most famous building in my town is Matsumoto castle. It is in the center of Matsumoto, Nagano.

I don’t know the architect of the castle. It was built about 600 years ago. It is nominated as a Japanese national treasure.

Matsumoto castle has black walls, so people call it “Crow-castle”. There is a garden around the castle. Cherry trees bloom there in spring. Matsumoto-Bon Bon Dance festival is held in summer, a buckwheat noodle festival is held in autumn, and an Ice festival held in winter (last weekend).

Inside the castle it is dark. There are a lot of old things.

The view is fantastic from the top floor of the castle. We can see Matsumoto city and the Japan Alps.

You should go to the castle because it is a valuable building.

1 comment:

  1. Takeho,

    I am very biased but I love our castle!
    Any season I think it looks amazing, don't you?

    It is the best back drop to any photo; don't think I'd want to live in it though. No heating, lots of draughts!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.