Friday 29 January 2010

Kanazawa Castle


Kanazawa Castle is the most beautiful building in my hometown.
The castle is in the centre of Kanazawa city, in Ishikawa prefecture in Japan.
There was a big castle in the past, but there is a gate of castle and a part of building here now, becouse Kanazwa castle was destroyed by fire in the past.
The gate of castle is Ishikawamon. A part of the building is 30kennagaya. 30kennagaya has been restored recently.
Kanazawa castle has very popular park near Ishikawamon, called Kenrokuen. Kenrokuen is big Japanese garden. The garden is as famous as the Korakuen of Okayama and Kairakuen in Mito. They are called the "Big three" gardens in Japan.
You can see a beautiful garden and Japanese buildings here for three hundred yen.

1 comment:

  1. Yasuhiro,

    That's really cool! I love Kanazawa, but whenever I go there it's for work & I never get time to see the gardens! Think I will have to make time on my next visit.

    Good posting thank you. Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.