Sunday 30 August 2009

Touching the void


Good evening. I drank German beer today. It was good.
7a) Write a letter to Joe’s parents explaining what happened and why you cut the rope.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Simpson,

I was Simon. I had climbed Siula Grande with Joe.
I’m very sorry, I killed Joe when we were getting down the Siula Grande.
We were exhausted and Joe had injured his leg.
To survive, I had cut the rope which tied us each other.
I am going to do my best to pay for the crime for your son.
Once again, I am so sorry for what I have done.
Simon

7b)
Q1) Did Simon make the right decision to cut the rope?
A1) Yes he did. If he didn’t do so, they would be dead.
Q2) Would you have done the same?
A2) No l wouldn’t. I would select to die together.
Q3) If you were Joe, would you forgive Simon?
A3) Of course, I would forgive him.

Yoichi

1 comment:

  1. Yoichi,

    I think the German beer you drank (at Summer festa?) was very expensive? Did you keep the glass?

    Please be careful with your past tenses; you are mixing up past perfect/past simple - can you correct your posting a bit please? Are you ("Simon") dead as well (you use `was`).

    Do you think it was a "crime" that he cut the rope? If so, how should he pay? What do you think his parents would say?

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.