Sunday 2 August 2009

Nightmare journeys


A nightmare journey I remember was fifteen years ago when I was going to the airport. I was returning to Japan from a business trip and I had to be at Hannover airport two hours before the flight.
I left the hotel for Hannover city centre by train. I got off the train at Hannover station and I went sightseeing in the city because I had time to look around there. I tried to go to the airport because it was the time. The airport wasn’t in the city-centre. I didn’t know that it was in the suburbs. I got lost and I was confused. All citizens spoke German. I didn’t understand it at all. I was lucky that a high school student, who spoke English, showed me the coach stop for the airport. I was very happy that the coach driver said to me “Welcome to the coach.” I finally arrived at the airport just forty minutes before the plane was going to leave.
The woman at the check-in desk said "Economy seats are full, so I’ll prepare a business seat for you." In the end I had a comfortable trip.

1 comment:

  1. Always a silver lining to a cloud isn't there, Takakazu?!

    Years ago in Malaga, Spain, my friend and I went to the wrong airport for our flight home...we very nearly had to walk back to England!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.