Tuesday 11 August 2009

The Great Gatsby

I can not understand that the novel is ranked 2nd in terms of "Modern Library 100 Best Novels".
 
The story depicts the ordinary aspects of the Gatsby's life and his communication with people surrounding him. Gatsby is a man who is upstart, sad, yearning for love, lonely and be killed by an undue resentment.
 
I wanted to read the novel, because I knew the novel contain a lot of luxuriant English expressions. However, I could not find any luxuriance in the book. This shows that my reading comprehension ability must be improved! High reading ability would make the story more attractive.
 
I'd like to read this novel again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.