Sunday 26 July 2009

A nightmare journeys

A nightmare journey I remember happened last summer when I was going to the technical seminar convened at Tokyo. I looked forward to that seminar because I was very interested in the theme of seminar.

I got on a limited express,'Azusa', bound for Shinjuku. It arrived at Kofu station on time, but it didn't leave that station any more! Station staff said, 'This train won't leave for long time because the electrical control unit is a fire, so you have to get off this train and go by highway bus.' Most passengers wanted a highway bus ticket, but there weren't enough seats.

I had to wait another hour at bus station and there was a traffic jam, in the result I was late for the seminar... :(

1 comment:

  1. Yuji,

    Your journey doesn't sound like a lot of fun! It's always worse when you are in a hurry to get somewhere for an important event, isn't it?

    I had the opposite problem a couple of months ago in Osaka - the shinkansen I planned to catch home (to Nagoya) arrived at the platform with every carraige "reserved". I was not sure I'd make it to Nagoya in time to get the last Shinano...and I did not want to catch the local train at all. Made it, with seconds spare!

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.