Thursday 14 May 2009

My School Trip to Tokyo

My school went on a trip to Tokyo. We got to school at 5:30 on Sunday morning, and we arrived at the hotel for lunch. It was fun in the bus because my friends and I played games.

In the afternoon we went to see a musical, called Lion King. It was very exciting because there were lots of animal characters. My favourite character was Simba, as he sang the best songs.

After that, we went on a water bus and I saw my old friend Shota; he knew we were going there and he could see us because he lives in Tokyo. It was nice to see Shota, and we talked about lots of stuff. In the evening, we ate at a delicious hamburger restaurant (not MacDonalds).

Me and my friends stayed up until midnight in the hotel. We talked, watched TV and played games, and had a lot of fun. The room was big, and the three of us had a bed each; the hotel was also big, clean, but very expensive.

The next morning, we went to see Sumo (wrestling) in a `Dohyo`. The sumo wrestlers were huge and strong; the fights were awesome. Then we went up Tokyo Tower, which was very scary.The elevator was very big, and my whole class could go in it! In the tower, there's a glass floor where you can see down and that was scary. The sight was beautiful. We ate dinner in a Chinese restaurant in one of the floors half-way up (or down) the tower. The food was yummy!

My friends and I were very tired, because of the last night, so went to bed early.

On the last day, we went to Asakusa, and saw a 'kaminarimon' a kind of massive lantern in the gate of a shrine. There were lots of shops where we could buy manju and lots of other stuff. I loved Asakusa 'cos there were lots of stuff to buy - I got some straps for my family and me. We got back to school at about 6pm.

I enjoyed my school trip; Asakusa was the best, but I also really enjoyed The Lion King. I am very tired today so I didn't read my book again. Jim is a bit mad.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for telling me about your trip Toshiya; it sounds fairly interesting but I wonder what value the three days in Tokyo had - did you learn much?

    You missed three days at school - and the day after because you were all `tired` seems crazy to me. Sure, The Lion King was fun but you can do that kind of thing with your family, can't you(or rent the DVD!)

    I think staying at The Sheraton, of all places, on a school trip is especially barmy. Expensive, pointless, and teaches you nothing except how to use a different remote control for the TV.

    Anyway, thanks for telling me all about, and for adding some interesting links!

    jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.