Monday 16 February 2009

Rip Van Winkle


I read the book "Rip Van Winkle and The Legent of Sleepy Hollow". I feel this story very mysterious. Why sleep one night, went 20years!


After reading:Q17 Rip and his daughter sit and talk. What do they say? Write about it.


They met in The Union Hotel. First, she didn't know Rip, didn't understand Rip. But Rip said "I'm your father. I'm Rip Van Winkle". She surprised it!

Rip asked to daughter, "Where's your mother?" , "She's dead", she answered. Then Rip asked to her, "I don't understand. Yesterday, you were a child, and now you're not. Yesterday, I was young, and today I'm old." "It wasn't yesterday. You walked to the mountains in 1770. Now it's 1790. Twenty years! " she answered.

"Where did you go, father?" she asked.

Rip said, "Yesterday, I was in the mountains with my dog. There was strange man there, they played a game and we had many drinks. I closed my eyes. This morning, I opened my eyes and I came home. I only sleep. "


Rip was home again. He lived with her and her family.
I think Rip was happy!

Noriko


No comments:

Post a Comment

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.