Tuesday 13 January 2009

Where I live - Shiojiri

I live in Shiojiri, which is a city in a basin in the middle of Japan. It has a population of 60,000 people and it’s a small city in Japan.
There are many lettuce farms. The lettuces are always produced in the end of August and the beginning of September. They are very fresh and really delicious, but aren't cheap.
The whether of here is comfortable, because there aren't many rainy days. Many football teams that the students belong enjoy a match under the sunshine every weekend.
Shiojiri is famous for lacquered ware in Japan. The lacquer is very bright and glossy. The medals for Nagano winter Olympic games ware lacquered in this city.
I think the best thing about Shiojiri is the beautiful scenery of mountain range.
I enjoy the color that the mountain changes beautifully when the season changes.
I like these mountains and this city very much.

1 comment:

  1. Shin,

    I never knew that about the Olympic medals! Very interesting - and I didn't know about the lettuces either.

    Can you add a couple of links (urls) to the text to help readers find more information about Shiojiri? If you don't know how, ask me at the start of class & I will show you (it's easy).

    Also, do you have any photos you can add to the text?

    Thanks! Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.