Thursday 27 November 2008

D51

We rode on D51 that was an old steam locomotive of Japan on the last weekend.

This train ran for the 120th anniversary memorial event of Shin-Etsu line of JR. This locomotive is called by the pet name of "Degoichi". We rode on this train from Nagano to Kurohime.

A lot of people saw and took photos this train on railway side.I also took many photos of the train and my family.
After dinner, We saw fireworks of "Ebisu-Kou" festival in Nagano city.

My family had a very exciting day. But, I was very tired. Because I drove a car from my home to Nagano-City, and I ran to take photo and held tired children and walked.
eiji

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like excellent fun! I haven't seen a steam train run in Japan - I'd love to! I am sure there were a lot of little boys like your son all excited about seeing D51?!

    My favourite train place = the National Railway Museum in York (UK) - they even have a Thomas!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.