Monday 26 May 2008

The Fruitcake Special


There are five short stories in this book. Each story is very interesting, unrealistic, mystical one. Each story has quite different attraction. It is difficult to select a story that I enjoyed most.

In such situation, I chose most favorite story “The Fruitcake Special”.
Because of the perfume made by accident, all the man (of course the owner of her company includes it) comes to like her. At first, she couldn’t understand why this situation had happened. But she knows the reason, and the attractive perfume can’t make more. How would she have it?

I liked that she did not indulge in this fact. She found way of life of oneself by herself. I recommend this book.

2 comments:

  1. Reiko,

    I`m really glad you enjoyed this book - this particular story sounds really interesting, though I'm not much of an expert about perfume! What is the secret of attraction???

    I look forward to reading more of your postings now that you have figured out how to do it!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite one is “Finders Keepers”. This is a story of a man who loves archaeology. He got the whistle that can stop time. Once he blew it, he has been outside time. When he blows it again, he will go back. He used the whistle to steal his favorite jade but he dropped and broke it, so he was stuck outside time. It was unexpected ending for me, so I was impressed. After reading, I think about how I can use it. It must be useful when I am behind time or I have no time to do homework. What comes into my mind is only this. I am really uncreative.

    Ikaros

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.