Sunday 25 May 2008

The Amsterdam Connection

The Amsterdam Connection is a name of a syndicate which manages football betting in Amsterdam. This is a murder story with players and owners of RCFC (Rotterdam City Football Club). Mr. Martijin Christiaans who is a mastermind of the Amsterdam connection is earning a large amount of money by fixed game. Kate’s last message was very impressive for me, “Some things never changed”

Q2. Imagine you are making a film of the book. Which actors would you choose to play the main characters? Would you make any changes to the story?

I put following actor and actress in my film. It seems a bit expensive.

Kate Jensen: a news reporter on the Daily Echo in London. She’s adept at karate.
Actress: Cameron Diaz

Elly van Praage: a policewoman in the Amsterdam police and Kate’s friend
Actress: Jodie Foster

Martijin Christiaans: a Dutch businessman. He is a mastermind of the Amsterdam connection.
Actor: Robert De Niro

I guess this story was made as basing of fixed scandal in Serie A. Then I think I should change the story based on real cases. In this case, the football team should be Real Madrid C.F, and the title maybe “Madrid connection”?

Koa

2 comments:

  1. In the week that Sir Alex Ferguson bashed Real Madrid for having no morals after they tried to lure Ronaldo away from Old Trafford, a very good new title!

    Did you know, in Spain it is legal for the owners (or anyone else) to pay players from another club to try harder? This especially happens towards the end of a season when titles or relegation are at stake.

    In Germany, some clubs have 'friendship' agreements to help each other out when they can - for example playing uncompetitive draws. Do you remember the scandal two years ago where the referee had been 'bought'?

    In Italy...well, as you suggested, "taking a bung" appears to be rampant. It is scandalous that Juventus are already back at the top table - and also that Berlusconi can be "Prime Minister" and President of a club.

    Anyway, your casting does look A-list. de Niro always good, but I don't know if the girls strike me as football fans. Cameron does have the karate though, and I love Jodie Foster...

    Did I mention "Glory Glory Manchester United" on winning their third European Champions title this week, by the way?! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question No.1

    Which character did you like most? Why ?
    I like Kate Jensen best. She is brave, and friendship with Max is very thick.
    She was attacked by the thug, but she didn't stop her behavior until she knew the fact.
    When I am she, can I do the same thing? I think I can’t do.

    She had some collaborators. It was lucky for her.
    However, there were some members who obstructed her behavior, too.
    She fought these members squarely to disclose the truth.
    It is the reason why I like her the best.

    My colleague said “ would you go to the Holland for business trip ?”.
    He misunderstood the meaning of "Connection", to the "Connection time of the train".
    I couldn’t image the meaning of "Connection" before reading this book either.
    Now I understood well. I think it may be really.

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.