Tuesday 20 May 2008

After reading "A Matter of Chance"

After reading A Matter of Chance, how important do you think chance has been in your life?

I was fun to read this story. In some chapters I couldn’t stop reading. Question is about chance in my life. I’ve never think about chance I had before. I mean that the chance is a very good opportunity to do something or to change the direction which I want to head. About 20 years ago, I had chance to take my post in Amsterdam but I didn’t. In about 1986, my colleague invited me to go paragliding. I got the chance to start paragliding. If I hadn’t the chance, I wouldn’t injure my legs. In some senses, these were all matters of chance and its influence was serious in my life. However I don’t think that chance is everything. It is only an opportunity. I believe that depends on how we look at it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mind if I ask why you didn't take the Amsterdam job?

    While we are at it, do you regret flying? (I had a horrible knee injury playing football, but would never have stopped playing - actually overcoming it taught me a lot about myself)

    jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Q4.Who are your favorite and least favorite characters in the story?

    The most favorite character is Jacky.
    She is sunny and positive.
    She has a power that can get over anything and make anything a happy.

    The least favorite character is Paul.
    I feel Paul doesn't have himself.
    I felt he was very under Sandra's thumb even if it was in Italy.
    Moreover, I couldn’t understand he said OK to go to England though he had the doubt.
    On the other hand, he loved Sandra though it had passed only few time after Jacky had gone.
    Do all people become such feelings?
    I finished this book without finding what is “Chance” in this book.

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.