Thursday 22 May 2008

After reading 2. Do you think The House by the Sea is a good title?
Make up a different title.


Yes. I think this is a good title as thriller, because no one can guess that story from the title easily. If it is changed, I'll prefer to change its title to "Yellow dress and shoes" since they are key items in this story.

9. Here is the blurb from another book at this level: Just Good Friends

It's Stephany and Max's first holiday away together and they want to get to know each other. They go to Italy and stay at Stephany's friend Calro's flat in a Mediterranean village. But Carlo's wife is not very happy to see Stephany - and the two couples find out why, and a lot of other things about each other, in a hot Italian summer.

Do you want to read Just Good Friends?

Yes. But, if it was a mystery book, I would love to read it as soon as possible. Anyway I'll try to read it promptly if it's my turn.

(posted for Hiroaki)

1 comment:

  1. This story is very interesting. I checked my ordinary behavior again.

    Q : At the end of the story, John says he had kept the bag “So that I never forget how easy it is to lose the things you love”. Do you keep any objects to remind you of someone or something?

    Yes I do. I keep a lot of objects. Recently, I noticed that there is a memo of her address that received from my wife at the day when I met her for the first time. Although I don't know about the foreign country's man, I think that the Japanese man is apt to keep something. In this respect, the woman is flatly and does not persist to the things much.

    Masanori Yagasaki

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.