Thursday 2 August 2007

The Client


In the middle of the story when Mark met Reggie Love first, he was nervous and he wasn’t ready to talk with her. Reggie said, ”First you have to pay me something.” She took a dollar from him then said, “Okay, now I’m the lawyer and you’re the client. Let’s hear the story.” I like this scene. I feel her considerable experience and tender thought. I like the last scene too. Mark didn’t know that he would never see Reggie again before he asked her “Aren’t you coming Reggie?” Then for once, Mark who is with sound mind was not ashamed to cry in public. Reggie’s last word was “Thank Mark”. This must be an average last scene but that’s what I like.

1 comment:

  1. Please be informed my homework as follows.

    (Q32)
    After the Sways go to Australia, Mark writes a secret letter to Reggie. What does he say? Write his letter.

    (A32)
    Dear Reggie,
    How are you? I hope you are very well.

    We are living a small house near the ocean. Ricky has recovered as soon after the moving here. I’m going to a school with him, we are all well and fine at this new place in Australia. I’m studying hard, because I want to be a pilot. Dianne seems to be happy with her new job at CafĂ© in a hospital.
    I’m sorry, I can’t tell you our address at this moment, but I’m looking forward to seeing you again someday somewhere.

    Yours affectionately,
    Mark

    PS
    Please say sorry to Detective Klickman, Memphis Police for me, because I ordered forty pizzas by his charge.

    ReplyDelete

By all means leave your comments - please do not be offensive, abusive, or rude. We ask you to sign your comment as well, please.